Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Porch Garden Update II (July 27, 2010)


It's amazing. The garden just looks more enormous every week. The lettuce is now HUGE, and the zucchini have started flowering. I recently got some fragrant flowering plants (dianthus and heliotrope) to try and attract some bees to the second-floor garden. I took some photos when I went to check on the garden at 5am the other day. It was beautiful.

zucchini flower;

radish flower (I let them bolt because they didn't have the space to properly produce, and anyways the flowers are a pretty color!);

adorable mini lightbulb tomatoes;
and so much lettuce!!

Today I also noticed that the one strawberry still tagging along on the strawberry plants I got from my friends in Warwick has turned pink!


It's so adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment