Friday, August 7, 2009

Paper Bead Necklaces


Yesterday I bought some thin satin ribbon and tried stringing my paper beads on that. The technique is very easy: knot the ribbon, thread on a bead, knot it again, leave an even amount of space and repeat. To make the doubled strands, I just filled a long length of ribbon and then doubled it up in a way that seemed pleasing. The bow accents came because of excess ribbon I left at the ends, but I think they're really adorable.


Autumn-colored beads on cream ribbon:


Variegated grey beads on navy ribbon, flanked by dark glass beads:
Summery blue-teal beads on white cord with silver glass beads:

I think my favorite would probably be the cream ribbon one because it's so girly, but I also really like the navy ribbon, it's more evening. I'm not a beachy kind of person so I actually don't think I'd wear the cord one as much, but I know other people would enjoy it.

When I move (in a few weeks!!), I'll start setting up an Etsy shop to sell these and all the other things I've been making. However, I can start taking orders now, so please let me know if there's something you'd like!

No comments:

Post a Comment