Sunday, February 6, 2011

First Friday Photos

First Friday last night was wonderful. It was great to be able to show so much work in one place, and I got a lot of great responses to both the maps and the pop-ups. I was especially grateful to the other artists in the building who came by to see my work and give their critiques. Here are some photos of the event for those of you who weren't able to attend.

People looking at the work:













There were some dogs in one of the studios down the hall, and they wandered through every so often, padding by the art and circling the snacks table, just like regular open studios visitors!



 Someone told me the waterways in the maps looked like this awesome effect she'd gotten by applying rubbing alcohol to a store receipt:


The best part about being in the building was getting my other artist/gallerist friends to come and critique my work.






2 comments:

  1. Emily,

    Excellent shots...especially the dog! Congratulations! What spot was this at?

    Have a good one,
    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! My friend was very good at documenting the event -- I was too busy talking to people! It was in the 450 Harrison studio building in the South End, in the studio of Marian Dioguardi (painter) and John Borchard (photographer), whose work was still up at the time -- you can see a little in some of the photos.

    ReplyDelete