Thursday, October 28, 2010

Plum Twig Necklace



Yesterday before work I decided to make myself a new necklace. I'd been wearing my wire twig earrings lately, and thought it would be interesting to make a necklace in that technique that would incorporate the singed fabric flowers as well. I used annealed wire, which is dark, with pearlescent purple beads and a few sparkly glass beads. I like the asymmetry and the very organic shapes. I think I might try to make one in fall colors as well, for the season. Maybe in yellow and green, which with the black "branches" would look like linden trees in autumn.


1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous, Emily! You never cease to amaze. I just got my map notecards in the mail the other day and am looking for a triptych frame in the right size to display them. Griff loves them too!
    --Lily

    ReplyDelete