Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Artist's Choice Exhibit at Somerville Museum

Last Friday was the opening reception for the SOS member show at the Somerville Museum. I had one of my favorite map drawings in the show. It'll be up through May 14th. I took some photos of the work at the opening reception:


It was grouped with some other works, a few of which were thematically linked and all of which went together tonally:


The space was too tight to get a wider angle without bumping into the work behind. It was set up with many walls full of art on both sides in the main area and a side room. It was pretty difficult to even see all the pieces until closer to the end of the event. However, it was nice that they made an effort to include as many SOS artists as possible, and I'm looking forward to seeing the ones who will be showing at the Armory with me the weekend after next!

No comments:

Post a Comment