Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What to do with 500 pieces of tissue paper



I recently acquired a whole ton of small pieces of tissue paper that had been used for packaging. Last night I decided to try and come up with some fun things to do with them.



I made some origami lotus flowers. Using the thin paper, I could make more petals than I can usually get out of normal-weight paper, so they're a bit fluffier, and also more delicate.



I sprayed one with clear spray, and one with iridescent paper spray. I like the iridescent one a lot. I glued a blue glass gem into it and made it into a pin. It's already up for sale on Etsy.



The one that got clear spray is still waiting to be posted -- but I'll put photos up here!



I also experimented with making tissue paper roses. Eventually I would find a way to attach them to a hair comb with some white winter twigs and perhaps some white feathers. I was really inspired by the interior decorations at Bergdorf's this winter, which were all lights and mirrors with white twigs and other adornments.



No comments:

Post a Comment